The flu vaccine is a safe and effective vaccine that helps to protect you from influenza virus.
The Flu vaccine will be available in our Practice from the start of October.
People with these conditions can also get a free flu vaccine:
- Chronic heart disease, including acute coronary syndrome
- Chronic liver disease or chronic kidney failure
- Chronic respiratory disease, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, asthma, or bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Chronic neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, hereditary and degenerative disorders of the central nervous system
- Healthcare workers
- Down syndrome
- Morbid obesity, which means a body mass index (BMI) over 40
- Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment (including asplenia or hyposplenism, and all cancer patients)
- Children with a moderate to severe neurodevelopmental disorder such as cerebral palsy
- Children on long-term aspirin therapy
- Those with any condition that can compromise respiratory function, like spinal cord injury, seizure disorder or other neuromuscular disorder, especially those attending special schools or day centres
- If you are a carer or a household contact of a person with one of these conditions, you can also get a free flu vaccine.