Dr. John English
Dr English founded the English Family Practice in January 1982
He graduated from UCC in 1977 with an MB BCh degree. He completed his intern training in the Mid-Western Regional Hospital in Limerick. Post further training in various medical specialities in the Limerick hospital network, he set up in General Practice at his residence initially at St Patrick’s Villas on the Dublin Road and subsequently at Hillsboro, Singland Drive. He also set up practice in Patrickswell and in O Connell Street in Limerick city. He remained in practice at Singland Drive until December 2013 when the practice moved to a new purpose built surgery at the Park Lodge Medical Centre. He is a Member of the Irish College of General Practitioners (MICGP).
Areas of interest
Dr English’s has a wide area of interests within the medical field. He has an interest in medical education having worked as a trainer in the Family Planning Clinic for many years
Other post graduate training qualifications include:
- Diploma in Child Health
- Certificate in Family Planning
- Dr English is the Medical Officer with Richmond Rugby club for many years.
- He served as the Medical Director of the Limerick Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes for over 20 years
- He enjoys attending rugby matches to support his beloved Munster team
- He also enjoys playing golf and tennis