Dr. Alison English
Dr English formally joined the English Family Practice in July 2008
She graduated from UCC in 2003 with a MB BCh BAO (Hons) degree. She completed her intern training in the Mid-Western Regional Hospital in Limerick and Cork University Hospital. She joined the Mid-Western General Practice (GP) Vocational training scheme in July 2004 and completed her GP training in July 2007 becoming a Member of the Irish College of General Practitioners. Her GP Registrar year was spent in Westbury Health Centre, Athea Co Limerick with Dr Kieran Murphy. She joined her father in the family practice in 2008 which then moved to the new purpose built Park Lodge Medical Centre in 2013.
Areas of interest
Dr English particular areas of interest include women’s health, long acting reversible contraception, general internal medicine, dermatology and paediatrics. She has an interest in medical education and works as a tutor in the University of Limerick Medical School Early Patient Contact Programme for the last seven years. She also has been a GP Tutor for third year Medical Students on 18 weeks placement from the University of Limerick BMBS Medical degree programme from 2015-2021
Other post graduate training qualifications include:
- Diploma of Obstetrics & Women’s Health
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry
- Certificate in Family Planning
- Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate Courses
- Dr English is a active member of the Catholic Institute Athletic Club and enjoys play hockey and tennis
- Other interests include musical theatre and reading.